Families’ Online Conversations (FOCs)
The EEA is proud to launch a unique program and offer for member families, with children living with epilepsy. The Families’ Online Conversations, or FOCs, are a special pilot project, which will run between January and June 2021.
- Offer a unique and safe space for families of children living with epilepsy to come together, share their experiences
- Allow participating families to select topics of interest to explore through invitations to special guests and collaborating agencies
- Build community through conversations, understanding and sharing of experiences
This program will run as a special pilot in 2021 and the sessions will be held on the following dates 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Registrations will open online at this page, as each session becomes available. Families can register for free as long as they are members of the EEA (Edmonton) or the EAC (Calgary). Families who register online will receive a unique link to access the meeting for the selected date. You can join via digital device or over the phone.
- JAN 28 | Click here for a summary of what we talked about during this session.
- FEB 18 |This session will cover children with epilepsy and the ketogenic diet. Session Poster
- MAR 25 | This session will cover neuropsychology challenges for children living with epilepsy. The key presenter with be Dr. Thomas Snyder, Neuropsychologist at the Stollery/University of Alberta. Register here.
- APR 29
- MAY 27
- JUN 24